With three of the four specialists taken in the 2021 NFL Draft, and the undrafted free agent signings that have followed, the legacy of Kohl's athletes moving on to the NFL has remained strong. With the opening of the Kohl's National Training Center in Texas, the ability for Kohl's NFL Draft eligible kickers, punters, and long snappers to prepare for the NFL Combine and Pro Day has reached a new level.
1-Day Training Camps
This camp's major focus is on training and improving but we will chart campers at this camp. Kohl's is actively searching the country for the best prospects. A strong Kohl's philosophy is that every kicker be exposed to punting. Andy Kohl went to college a kicker and left a punter. If an athlete has good leg speed they should be able to be proficient at both disciplines when proper technique is applied.
Most high school and college coaches will value a specialist more if they are able to do both the kicking and punting for their teams. We want to expose each kicker to both disciplines. In the previous 9 years we have had a few athletes that want to just focus on punting. We have tried to create a flexible schedule where the pure punters come to camp at 11:30 warm-up, get filmed, and join the camp for the afternoon session.
The one day camp is a great way to get expert coaching and training in a short time period. The major difference between the 1 day and 2 day camps is the amount of time to practice and execute drills. The core fundamentals and coaching will be the same.
1-Day Camp Schedule
*Schedule may change, or be adjusted. Please ask the lead coach on-site.
Note: Snappers follow same timeline, different snapping based activities
- 8:00-8:15 Registration
- 8:15-8:30 Camp Introduction (Players & Parents)
- 8:30 Camp stretch and film field goals
- 9:15 Classroom teaching on FG/KO and Film Breakdown on FG
- 10:30 On-field field goal instruction, drill work, competitions
- 11:45-12:00 Film Punting - (Punters Arrive at 11:30 and warm-up, we will register punters at 12:00 PM)
- 12:00-1:10 Lunch (Lunch is not provided at camp)
- 1:10-2:10 Teach and Film Breakdown of Punting
- 2:10 On-field punt instruction, drill work, competitions. Kickoff drill work and competitions.
- 4:30-5:00 Q&A, Life Talk, Hand out T-Shirts