The legacy of Kohl's athletes in the NFL Draft has historically been strong, and 2019 was no different.
1-Day Training Camps
This camp's major focus is on training and improving but we will chart campers at this camp. Kohl's is actively searching the country for the best prospects. A strong Kohl's philosophy is that every kicker be exposed to punting. Andy Kohl went to college a kicker and left a punter. If an athlete has good leg speed they should be able to be proficient at both disciplines when proper technique is applied.
Most high school and college coaches will value a specialist more if they are able to do both the kicking and punting for their teams. We want to expose each kicker to both disciplines. In the previous 9 years we have had a few athletes that want to just focus on punting. We have tried to create a flexible schedule where the pure punters come to camp at 11:30 warm-up, get filmed, and join the camp for the afternoon session.
The one day camp is a great way to get expert coaching and training in a short time period. The major difference between the 1 day and 2 day camps is the amount of time to practice and execute drills. The core fundamentals and coaching will be the same.
1-Day Camp Schedule
*Schedule may change, or be adjusted. Please ask the lead coach on-site.
Note: Snappers follow same timeline, different snapping based activities
- 8:00-8:15 Registration
- 8:15-8:30 Camp Introduction (Players & Parents)
- 8:30 Camp stretch and film field goals
- 9:15 Classroom teaching on FG/KO and Film Breakdown on FG
- 10:30 On-field field goal instruction, drill work, competitions
- 11:45-12:00 Film Punting - (Punters Arrive at 11:30 and warm-up, we will register punters at 12:00 PM)
- 12:00-1:10 Lunch (Lunch is not provided at camp)
- 1:10-2:10 Teach and Film Breakdown of Punting
- 2:10 On-field punt instruction, drill work, competitions. Kickoff drill work and competitions.
- 4:30-5:00 Q&A, Life Talk, Hand out T-Shirts