Your time at home is what you make it. Our staff shares a few things you can be doing right now, while spending much of your time at home.
Kohl's CommentsPeterman had a strong showing at the 2019 Texas Winter Showcase and earned an invite to the Future Stars Event in January of 2020. We were able to see some impressive hits at the event and Peterman has the talent required to move up in the Kohl's rankings. He charted 7 points in the field goal portion of the Showcase camp and looked advanced in his ball striking and ball flight command during the drill work portion of camp. He flashed his leg strength on kickoffs with a big ball charted of 57 yards with 3.69 seconds of hang time. He has advanced leg speed for his age and will be fun to watch develop the next two years.
My name is Abel Peterman, and I am a sophomore at Class 5A Alexandria Senior High School in Louisiana. I feel honored that I was chosen as a Varsity Football kicker this year. I am particularly grateful because I was ruled ineligible by LHSAA to participate in any sport at any level my Freshmen year because I played Varsity Soccer at a private school my eighth grade year. Although I had to accept the big disappointment of no sports my freshman year, it allowed me more time to train harder and grow stronger. Now EVERY time I step on the field with my team, I feel privileged. Alexandria Senior High is one of the most diverse schools in the nation. We all come from different backgrounds, and we all share the common purpose of Trojan Domination!! (our school logo). This power of “one” not only gives us an advantage on the athletic field, but also in our academics. ASH was graded as the only “A” state rated school in our county, and I am proud to be a Trojan! I’ve been kicking a ball since I could walk. My sports history is not football, but as an extreme soccer player. I’ve been playing soccer at all levels and attending advanced camps since I was very young. I’ve played in various leagues from recreational, to competitive travel, to olympic development teams, to varsity high school teams at an early age. At age 13, I was introduced to kicking a new type of ball - a football. Now I have a new obsession to kick! I have learned a lot this year. It was relatively easy to learn the basic steps and kick the ball well for my first football season because of my soccer background. After reflecting on my season, I realized that I missed out on something very important. I did not have a good understanding of the proper technique and form critical to connecting with the ball. I am currently working hard with Kohl’s Kicking Camps, watching videos, lifting weights, staying stretched, and critiquing my technique and form for next year. I am very excited about training and improvement for next football season. Lastly, this wouldn’t be a good bio if I didn’t mention my support system. This includes my parents who support me to strive both athletically and academically, and also my coaches and team who have faith in me and believe in me!
Awards & Honors
- 2014-2015 *Selected and played for Alexandria Crossroads LCSL Soccer Team. *Selected and played for LA US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Team. *Bishop Graves Award for outstanding good behavior and support to classmates.
- 2015-2016 *Selected and played for Alexandria Crossroads LCSL Soccer Team
- 2016 - 2017 *Selected and played for Alexandria Crossroads LCSL Soccer Team. Team won Champion of Baton Rouge Red Stick Tournament. *Selected and played for LA Youth Soccer Olympic Development Team *Outstanding Achievement Academic Award A/B Honor Roll
- 2017 - 2018 *Attended Holy Savior Menard for Jr High and was invited and played on the Jr. High, JV, and Varsity Soccer Teams; was awarded the HSM JH MVP for soccer team. Varsity Team won District Championship. *Selected and played on Alexandria Crossroads LCSL Soccer Team. Team Placed Second at Hammond Strawberry Cup Tournament. *Outstanding Achievement Academic Award for A/B Honor roll
- 2018 - 2019 *Selected and Played on Lafayette Cajun Pride LCSL Soccer Team. Team placed second at the Baton Rouge Red Stick Soccer Tournament. Team won the LA Open Cup State Soccer Championship. *Invited to attend the Kohl's Kicking Invitational National Scholarship Camp.. *Academic Achievement A/B Honor Roll
- 2019 - 2020 *Selected as the Varsity Football Kicker for Class 5A Alexandria Senior High to kick all Field Goals, all kick-offs, and EO PAT. Team placed second in District. *Invited to and attended Kohl's Kicking Invitational Future Stars Camp.
- GPA: 3.5
|06/23/2019||Baton Rouge, LA - 1 Day Training Camp|
|03/02/2019||Atlanta, GA - 2 Day Training Camp|
|06/24/2018||Baton Rouge, LA - 1 Day Training Camp|
Average Distance: 57.67 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.28 seconds
Average Distance: 28.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.37 seconds
Average Distance: 52.67 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.13 seconds
Average Distance: 21.33 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.18 seconds
Average Distance: 48.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 2.88 seconds
Average Distance: 31.67 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.13 seconds
Weekly Game Stats
|Field Goals||Extra Points||Punts||Kickoffs||Snaps|
|Game Date||FGM/FGA||FGD||XPM/XPA||#||Avg.||Inside 20||#||TBs||SS/SA|
|Field Goals||Extra Points||Punts||Kickoffs||Snaps|