We are proud to announce the 2018 Kohl's High School Season All-American Team!
Kohl's CommentsWard had a strong showing at the 2019 Texas December Showcase and he backed that up with a great showing at the UC-Challenge. He excelled in his punting and was strong in the kickoff and field goals at the camp as well. He has developed into one of the better combo prospects in his class. Ward attended the Kohl's National Scholarhip Camp in July of 2019. He showed very well in the FG portion of camp by scoring 29 points. His KO's were also impressive and he moved up in our rankings because of his strong performance. Ward seems to have made great strides since our January camp at IMG. Ward is someone to follow in the coming months!
Logan Ward is the Varsity Placekicker, Punter and Tight End for Deer Creek High School (6A-II) in Edmond, OK. Logan had the honor of being the only freshman to make the Varsity team in 2017. As a sophomore in 2018, he held the starting kicking position in 2018 for the Antlers and finished the season with a combined total of 41 points (FG and PATs)*.
In the 2019 season (Junior year), he transitioned to kicking off the ground rather than using a tee. He also played more snaps as tight end than in previous seasons. As tight end, he had 2 touch downs, 1 conversion pass for 2 points, and a total of 167 receiving yards (avg. 18.6 per game)*. In addition, he scored a total of 59 kicking points for a combined 73 total points. 47% of his punts were inside the 20 yard line (1180 total yards, 37 yd avg, 62 long)*. He had 33 touch backs on 51 kick offs (2872 total yards, 56.3 yd avg), 65% of his kick offs went into the end zone or further. The first kick off of the Choctaw game went through the uprights!
He really excelled with field goals this season with a career high 55 yd kick that came in the last seconds sending the game to overtime. He went on to kick the game winning field goal afterwards. He completed 9 of 11 field goal attempts ranging from 27 to 55 yards. At the most recent Kohl's camp he attended in 11/2019, he hit a 62 yard field goal during a competition. He was also 100% on PATs this season completing 32 attempts.
When football season ends, Logan switches to soccer. He is the Varsity Goalkeeper for Deer Creek High School's Men's Soccer team. Soccer and football are both great team sports where he has built strong friendships and learned lessons that apply off the field as well. Logan enjoys working at the local indoor soccer arena as a Lil' Kickers Coach, and helping out in his neighborhood and community. He is also a Student Council Representative and strives to encourage school spirit and engagement with fellow students.
Looking ahead to the future, he recently took the ACT to get a baseline score. He values his education and will take the ACT and/or SAT again before graduating high school. He feels that learning is a life-long pursuit, for himself and others. Coaching younger kids how to play soccer has taught Logan the importance of being coachable himself. He is looking forward to his final season of high school football in the 2020 season and hopes to continue being a student athlete in college.
*stats provided by MaxPreps: https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/logan-ward/H5O9UwK8EeiT-Oz0u-e-FA/football/stats.htm
Season highlights available on Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/9709252/Logan-Ward
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Deer Creek Foundation Award - Honors Top 10% of Class or Students with GPA (unweighted) over 4.0
- 2019 2nd Team Pre-Season All-State Kicker
- 9/6/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 9/13/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 9/20/19 - Offensive Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 9/27/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 10/4/19 - OVERALL Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 10/4/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 10/7/19 - The Oklahoman's Staff Choice Player of the Week
- 10/11/19 - Kohl's Kicking Player of the Week
- 11/1/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 11/8/19 - Special Teams Player of the Game - Deer Creek High School
- 2019 Deer Creek Football Special Teams Player of the Year
- 2019 Central OK Athletic Conf (COAC) All Conference Kicker
- 2019 Max Preps Oklahoma All State First Team Kicker
- 2019 Daily Oklahoman All Big-City First Team Kicker
- 2019 Daily Oklahoman All State Second Team Kicker
- GPA: 4.19
- ACT: 23
|11/03/2019||Oklahoma City, OK Fall Assessment|
|11/10/2018||Oklahoma City, OK Fall Assessment Event|
|06/30/2017||1-Day Training Camp - Oklahoma City, OK|
Average Distance: 68.75 yards | Average Hang Time: 2.95 seconds
Average Distance: 41.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.53 seconds
Average Distance: 62.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.31 seconds
Average Distance: 37.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.40 seconds
Average Distance: 48.33 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.10 seconds
Average Distance: 28.00 yards | Average Hang Time: 3.28 seconds
Weekly Game Stats
|Field Goals||Extra Points||Punts||Kickoffs||Snaps|
|Game Date||FGM/FGA||FGD||XPM/XPA||#||Avg.||Inside 20||#||TBs||SS/SA|
|Field Goals||Extra Points||Punts||Kickoffs||Snaps|